4. Prayer letter April 2003 Click: http://www.baptistjerusalem.com/prayer2.html
5. Prayer letter Sept. 2003 Click: http://www.baptistjerusalem.com/prayer3.html
6. Prayer letter Dec. 2003 Click: http://www.jerusalembbc.com/prayer4.html
7. Prayer letter Feb. 2004 Click: http://www.jerusalembbc.com/prayer5.html
8. Prayer letter July 2004 Click: http://www.jerusalembbc.com/prayer5.html
9. Prayer letter July 2005 Click: http://www.baptistjerusalem.com/prayer9.html
Date: March 17, 2002
Dear Praying Partners:
Greetings from Jerusalem the city of peace that had no real peace. The only peace that was signed in this city that is standing still, is the peace our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ made on the cross signed by his blood in this city 1972 years ago. Driving in the city of Jerusalem now is difficult. A ten minutes drive you have to give it half an hour and some times 2 hours depending on the mood of the soldiers on the check points. This is why people coming to church might spend an hour or two on these road blocks and never reach in time for services. All the inhabitants of the west bank are not allowed to leave their cities and towns and nobody is allowed to come to Jerusalem. George who lives in Bethlehem could not come to church now for one year and seven months. With all these difficulties the attendance is increasing and people are still accepting Christ praise the Lord.
Pray with us for:
1. The peace of Jerusalem, by that I mean people in Jerusalem will find peace in Christ Jesus. 2. Saved people will pray and witness for those who are without Christ. 3. Funds to allow us to continue putting the Evangelical message in local news papers. 4. The web pages with tracts and pamphlets now in English and later it will be in Arabic. 5. The Correspondence Bible School to be able to continue to send the lessons by mail. 6. The new students in the Sunday School that God will open their hearts to accept Christ. 7. Those who have accepted Christ as their personal saviour.
Praise the Lord for:
1. The increase in attendance, the highest attendance this year is 50. 2. The many who have accepted Christ this year in church, SS. And visitations. 3. The eleven who have accepted Christ in the village of Sakhnin. 4. The four who accepted Christ from the correspondence bible school. As we are going to face more difficult days ahead, we are keeping our eyes on Jesus and waiting for Him to come.
Keep praying for us.
Atif & Rajaa Himadeh
Updated - Date: June 11, 2002
Second Update - June 21, 2002
Dear Praying Partners:
Greetings from Jerusalem, the city where God made peace with man in Jesus Christ our Lord. "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it." Zec:12:3 The unsolved problem of Jerusalem is the reason for the instability in the Holy Land. This problem will remain and will be the reason for the Battle of Armageddon. "And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon." Rv:16:16 The rapture will take place before this event, praise the Lord. "And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come." 1Thes:1:10
We thank the Lord for the recent increase in attendance. Some have confessed Christ as their savior and were baptized. Thank you very much for praying and supporting us. There is still a great need for the gospel to go forth in this land. Here is a brief update of how the Lord is using First Baptist Bible Church:
|Thank you for praying for our safety.|
|Atif & Rajaa Himadeh|
Prayer letter Dec., 2002
Pray with us as we work for the Lord in Jerusalem.
1. We are putting the Evangelical message in local news papers as funds are available.
2. The correspondence Bible School mailed 4000 slips promoting the new competition and the internet site that has Arabic tracts. With this method, we are able to present the plan of salvation to many unsaved people.
3. Last year highest church attendance was 41 and this year the highest attendance is 56.
4. This year the church have baptized eleven persons.
5. For many years I have been training men to preach, and this year we have three that finished the training to preach and are now preaching. We are praying to start one or two missions for them. So pray with us for the preachers to be guided by the Lord to the city where they can start to serve.
At the present we do not know when is our next furlough. We planned to have our furlough starting July 2002, but we discovered that is impossible because of our visa status. So we were forced to postpone the idea of furlough until we solve the visa problems. We paid for social security for 33 years and for Medicare for twenty years. Four months ago they stopped my Medicare. Yesterday I received a letter to inform me that I have no social security and I have no more Medicare with no explanation. We are praying that the Lord will solve this problem for us.
Thank you for praying for our safety and for the Lord to use us.
Atif & Rajaa Himadeh
|Home||Church||Schedule||Links||Bible Institute||Booklets||Tracts||Contact Us|